Thrush is a yeast infection and will effect most women at some point of their lives. It is caused by a fungus called candida
- Itchiness of genitalia
- Sore and red vulva
- Unusual discharge.
- Pain urinating
- Feeling of sensitivity
- Itchiness and red patches on foreskin
How do you get thrush?
- Taking antibiotics can affect the levels of bacteria
- Hormone level change caused by pregnancy or taking the contraceptive pill
- Change in blood sugar can cause the growth of yeast.
- Stress and a weak immune system can also cause thrush.
- Wearing tight clothing
Treatment is usually in the form of creams that you can apply everyday until the infection clears. If you have any concerns, contact your GP.